ALBION MARINE SOLUTIONS www.albionmarine.com
Trusted Engineering Partner
Job Title: Superintendent, Electrical, Instrumentation, Automation (EIA)
Reports To: Director
Albion Marine Solutions provides the project management, engineering, consultancy and conversion services to maritime and offshore industries worldwide. Superintendent, EIA will have responsibility for managing technical solutions for specific design, new build and conversion projects.
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Deliberate with management on the requirements and procedures for a project execution
- Organize and manage EIA projects towards the fulfillment of a set objective
- Examine technology, organizational resources and the demands of the market to plan or give procedures for projects which are practicable or possible
- Direct, evaluate, and confirm product design and changes
- Lead the EIA department and provide expertise to produce concept and detail design for Marine/Ship/offshore projects.
- Guide team to prepare Electrical load balance calculations, SLD, SCC calculations, earthing system calculations, selection of components like transformers, rectifiers, UPS, circuit breakers, battery system, cable selection, cable schedule, cable bulk MTO etc. for Electrical discipline, and for Instrumentation discipline – Instrument list, I/O list, systems schematics, control philosophy, control narratives, control block diagrams, cause and effect table, data sheets etc.
- Provide support for procurement packages and reviewing vendor data, including a review of as-built documents.
- Interface with other discipline engineers, clients, equipment suppliers and class authorities.
- Attend vessels for inspections, surveys, troubleshooting.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Professional Engineer accreditation with APEGBC or Transport Canada Certification
- Degree in Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent;
- 10+ years’ experience of Electrical and Instrumentation/Controls Design within Marine/offshore oil/gas industries.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation and Controls design using standard software is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Classification society rules, codes and standards and international marine rules and regulations; Marine detail design experience considered an advantage.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent